Leaderboard
Create your own Friend Test here

A New Begining

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Seems like i have time today to blog, so here i am to record down my week worth of work that i did.

Well Monday was a holiday and hence i started work on tuesday which meant i had 1 more day to rest and instead of having the Monday Blues, i got a Tuesday blues.

Its been exactly 3 weeks from the time i started my IPP and the accomplishment that i have so far acheive is basically an unfinished aspx page.

Well the page that i am working on is the CompanyNews page. Seems like easy peasy right? Well wrong!! That was what i thought at first, CompanyNews, pffft i handled worst and i could finish it in less then a week.

I was totally wrong when i started on it. Not only did i have to get the right GUI aka Graphical User Interface, i had to choose the right colours for it and also the icons for it.

Having settle those, i already spent 1 week or so to get it and that was how my first week of IPP ended, customizing the page -.-

Well on the second week, i thought, hmmmmm this week is the week i am gonna finish everything. Then i got into another problem, how to display the news onto the page, i am not getting too technical here but basically it was quite hard to do that.(Don't come and tell me how hard it is to get the data from the database table and then display it onto a page..., its more then that :) )

Anyway having spent around 1-2 days on it, my shi fu came around and gave me the light to the solution. ANd hence my programming of the page was once again on track. I did the Add/Update/Delete and i found some troubles as well, the solution my shifu gave was good but it was also complex. Hence, i set out to solved it and that ended my 2nd week.

Last week, i thought that i was finish until my supervisor came around and wanted to change some changes. Hence i changed it according and then just yesterday, i was told to change it to another requirements. Well now i know why my fypj presentation, one of the lecturer told me. "User is King" hence i must change and that was how my 3rd was spent.

Now this coming monday at 1030am, i am expected to give a presentation on my page that i did. I hope its just to people in my IT Department and not those head of department, but i guess i am just getting too ahead of myself thinking why would those head of department wanna hear an intern talk about his work :X

Maybe just an informal one to brief those using my page on how to upload the news to the website and how to use it since my supervisor told me that every webpage that i am doing will be uploaded and used.

My friend told me that was good as what you did is being used by the company and hence would look good in your ipp.

Well i need this A for ipp seeing how my fyp may not get an A. But i am very sure that if there isn't an A for my FYP, i am confirm gonna get to the bottom of it and ask why. Flipping the table and banging the table would be my last resort.

Anyway today was fun going out with the rest... Did alot of things and played alot of things :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home